Hello, and welcome to Aisle Less Traveled!
I’m Cindy Savage, your queer feminist wedding anti-status-quo planner. I help independent, feminist, and LGBTQ people like you plan meaningful weddings while keeping your sanity and your budget intact.
I offer a full range of wedding planning and coordination services, from hourly consultation to wedding day management to planning subscriptions to complete wedding planning and event design. So no matter what your needs or budget are, if we’re the right fit, I can help you create the wedding that is right for YOU! (And don’t worry – we’ll be lowering the stress and increasing the fun while we’re at it.)
I’m based in St. Louis, Missouri and Portland, Oregon, and travel is included within the continental United States – so we can work together no matter where you are.
I know you’re busy (who isn’t?) and I don’t want to waste the time you could be spending on another Buffy rewatch, so let me help you decide if you should keep looking around my website!
I MIGHT BE THE RIGHT WEDDING PLANNER FOR YOU IF...
- You think everyone deserves love and the opportunity to marry the person they’ve found it with, no matter what their sexual orientation, race, gender identity, religion, ability, or body size is
- You roll your eyes and groan when you see/hear wedding vendors referring to the bride all day long without ever mentioning the groom (or acknowledging that there might be two grooms, or none) because you know that’s some patriarchal bullshit
- Your wedding might be called offbeat because you’re making choices that are right for you, even if that causes people to say things like, “if you don’t do X, it’s not a real wedding.” (Newsflash: if two people get hitched, it’s a real wedding!)
- You’ve set a wedding budget that feels comfortable to you, and you want to stick to it, even if it’s vastly different from the “average” wedding budgets you’ve seen
- Your wedding will be pretty traditional, but everything above speaks directly to your hearts
- You want your wedding to put something good back into the world
Chances are, you’ve never planned a wedding before, and while you have some grand ideas, you could use some help figuring out how to make them happen. That’s where I come in.
I happen to be really good at planning big parties and at helping you sort out what’s important to you – so that your wedding is the YOU-est wedding there ever could be.
Oh yeah, and I’m also great at reducing your wedding planning stress so you can chill the f*ck out!
Here’s what i’ve got keep you sane:
» no musts, shouldn’ts, or judgment – just your wedding, the way you want it, with my expert guidance to make it happen
» one-on-one planning help available to everyone through the magical powers of the internet – and you can do it in your yoga pants (or no pants) if you like
» wedding planning subscriptions at an affordable monthly price, which include a self-paced, online wedding planning course, monthly “Ask Me Anything” live Q&As, and a private group where you’ll get my expert advice on your individual questions and plans
» a free facebook group where you can meet your fellow off-the-beaten-path engaged peeps, get advice and answers from me and other wedding pros, share ideas, and make new friends
On the blog…
- Mary & Pam’s Chicago Elopement After 17 Years Together
- A Wedding Planner’s Take on Mayim Bialik’s Wedding Budget Tips
- Use the F*ck it Bucket to Ditch Wedding Planning Stress
- Hanna & Alex’s Super Feminist, Non-Traditional, Pizza Delivery, Puppy Playroom, Ice Cream Sundae Bar Wedding!
- Wedding Planning Subscriptions Are Finally Here!